Pages

I'm proud to be an American

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Have you ever taken something for granted that you're used to having? Well, that's how I am feeling about this time of year. It being my first Independence Day outside of my home country, I'm feeling a little more proud and patriotic than I usually have in the past. My favorite part of celebrating July 4th is the fireworks. I LOVE fireworks!! Don't worry, I'm not completely missing out. Canada is having their special country day in a couple days and there will be fireworks.. which I'm going to beg my husband to take me to!
With this special American day being just a few days away, I thought I'd share some fun ideas I found from other bloggers in the patriotic mood. 

Going off to the fireworks show? 
Why not pack a cute little basket full of snacks to bring along!
The Crafting Chicks


Here are some caaaaute decorations for our special day!

I really like these wall hangings by The Hand Me Down House


Ooh, and this beautiful flag made from an old cutting board, fabrics, and doilies! 


This is my favorite! Sweet little decor blocks made from 2x4's by How Does She?


Planning a picnic for this 4th of July? Lovin' this patriotic idea of a tablecloth by My Insanity


M-M-M here are some yum-a-licious treats that will set your heart free!

How cute are these cupcakes?? Mommy Topics sure did a great job at making them so attractive!


The kids are going to love these s'mores on a stick! Hey.. I'm a big kid {at heart}.. can I have one too?
Whimsical Creations


WOW! Aren't these super cool?!
red, white and blue chocolate dipped strawberries


Oh yum. Here's a simple treat to set out with fresh fruits. I think it's beautiful!
Fruit Flag


And last, here's something I thought was cute and simple for displaying our American pride.
A pin to wear on your shirt made from a juice can lid!
Eighteen25


hApPy JuLy 4th!

I pledge allegiance to the flag
of the United States of America
And to the republic for which it stands
One nation under God
indivisible with liberty 
and justice for all

2 comments:

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

OH! Well thank you Jessica! :) You are too sweet to feature my frames!!

Justin said...

those are some nice ideas for the 4th. i haven't figured out what i'm doing yet. last year i made some fun red, white and blue cupcakes, so those might be hard to beat.