Pages

It's a sign!

Friday, July 30, 2010

Found myself another piece of scrap wood from that pile out front!
My mom's repainting and redoing her kitchen and she wants to have a coffee theme. So I thought I would make her something with my scrap of wood.


Can you tell it was originally just a 2 by 4 piece of wood? I had actually sanded, painted, and gave it a bit of a distressed look and stenciled the words on it, then I decided I wanted it cut in half width wise because it was too fat and heavy if it were going on the wall. 
For "Kelly's Koffee" I just printed it out out in the font I wanted on regular printing paper and then tediously cut each letter out by hand.. for hours! I wanted to try cutting it out with an exacto knife so I could use the outter part of the font as my stencil, but the knife I found  wasn't sharp enough, so I just went ahead and stuck each letter down with a teeny bit of glue stick. {This project was started and painted before I learned how to make my own transfer paper!}
 Husband drilled holes in the wood for me to hang ribbon after it was all painted and sealed.

cutting a piece of an old shirt.. 

gluing it to the back ...

snipping the material where the holes were drilled and then I glued around the edges...


  Then for the fun part.. 
adding the pretty brown ribbon!!!


then tying knots at the top of the board after getting the ribbon through so it would hang on the wall without leaning forward. I wrapped some of the excess ribbon from the knot around the knot towards the back and hot glued it down and cut the rest off .. just to make the knots a little chunkier.


And there it is! 




Hope she loves it!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it too! I have a coffee room and my name is Kelly, so this one speaks to me, lol! Great job! I am now following you and hope you'll stop over at my place too! http://chickncharge.blogspot.com/