Pages

Little birthday things

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Today is my friend's birthday and we did a little get-together for her at our place tonight. Here are some of the little things I did to try and make it a little more special for her. 


"Happy Birthday" banner made from construction paper.
 I printed letters in different fonts, cut them out then used them as stencils to cut out the letters from different patterned and colored scrapbook paper. It's hung up by yarn through holes punched through each paper.


It was nothing too fancy...


I made little scripture cards...


.. and placed them on each plate.

"This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will be glad and rejoice in it"
Psalm 118:24



I love using mason jars for random things...


The forks were for dessert since dinner was pizza.

A homemade bouquet of flowers! 


I made these cutie flowers from coffee filters and pipe cleaner!
The stems are two pipe cleaners twisted together because one wasn't sturdy enough to hold the big flower head. I used my hot glue gun to attach the stem and the yellow middle to the filter.
I filled a mason jar with rice to hold the flower stems still and covered the jar with brown paper.


For dessert I made an oreo mint ice cream cake.
Find out how here!


... it was very yummy.

That's pretty much it. It's nothing huge, but I like to try {as best I can} to make things fun and special. I love dinner get-togethers and always try to make them fun in small ways. It was a fun day for me doing my little plannings.


No comments: