Pages

Don't wear your feelings on your sleeves, wear them on your EARS!!

Saturday, January 15, 2011

X's and O's earrings for Valentine's!!


Aren't they just too cute!?! 
I'm so proud of myself for thinking something up on my own for once.. instead of copying someone else's brilliant idea!!
Originally I was going to make a necklace with our last name monogram, then this idea struck me! Uh! Just lovin' em!

Here's how I made them

Hubby drilled the tiny little holes in the scrabble pieces for me.
{The drill gun was our Christmas present from his parents and this is the first time we've used it!}


Drill size: 1/16
Perfect size!!


Then I just used my stash of earring-making stuff! 
{I've recently started getting into making earrings and will have to share about that in another post sometime}

































Okay so my kissy faces are a little scary.. 
{and those nails need a new paint job..}

But I can't wait to wear these earrings out!!



happy heart month
and
happy creativities!!

11 comments:

Five Seconds From Crazy said...

I love the hot pink nails! Don't ever let anyone tell you hot pink is out.

Fabulous earrings. I really dig them!

Lisa said...

I love the earrings - so very cute!! :D Thanks for sharing!

Susan in SC said...

Very cute!!

Amie {Kitty Cats and Airplanes} said...

Love em! What a great way to use scrabble tiles, I should pick up a few!
Amie @ http://www.kittycatsandairplanes.blogspot.com/

The Treasurista said...

Cute...Would love for you to add this to my link party: www.thetreasurist.blogspot.com Just click on Thursday Treasures link at top of page.

Nicole @ Wohler's World said...

These are totally adorable, I love wearing holiday themed jewelry! Visting from Tatertots & Jello.

Sheri@childmade.com said...

These are so cute! I wonder if I could get my g-ma to wear them? Playing scrabble is one of the things we do whenever we get together. I think they're adorable! Thanks for sharing ... I'll be linking. And please come join my party anytime!

http://childmade.com/index.php?name=Shared%20links

Tristin said...

I included this and your paint chip earrings on my latest linky love psot that is all about accessories made from upcycled objects. Here's the link if you want to check it out:

http://twogirlsbeingcrafty.blogspot.com/2011/02/linky-love-upcycled-object-accessories.html

Thanks for the great ideas!

Sherri Osborn said...

Hi Jessica, I came across these earrings while searching for Scrabble tile crafts and love them! I am working on putting together a "round-up" of craft projects made using Scrabble tiles. I came across your Scrabble tile craft and wonder if I could use it in the round-up? The round-up will simply be a list of projects and a link to it on your blog. I would also like to include a small thumbnail for the project (approximately 120 x 120px). My website is http://familycrafts.about.com/ and this round up would look similar to this one: http://familycrafts.about.com/od/giftstomake/tp/HomeMadeGiftIdeas.htm. Of course, you will be given full credit for the link and the picture. :-)

Jessica said...

Mama Ozzy, Thank you! That would be great!

Sherri Osborn said...

Thanks for letting me share this craft. You can now find it included in this collection:
http://familycrafts.about.com/od/puzzlegamepiececrafts/tp/Scrabble-Crafts.htm

Sherri