Pages

My Replacement For Picnik.com

Sunday, February 12, 2012

So has everyone heard the sad news that Picnik will be shutting down in April? I know, .. I cried too! It's something about joining Google + ... I don't really know all the details, but lots of people are unhappy with the news too. Anyhow, I like to do little touch up edits and resizing to my photos before posting them on my blog or facebook, and I was wondering what I was going to use once Picnik is gone. So I did some searching.. 

And found this site www.befunky.com
It's actually O.K! They have your basic edits like resizing and exposure and such, they have cool effects, stickers (not as great as picnik's though), frames, and you can add text to your photos too. 

Here are a few things I did to my photo using this site..
(I don't remember which effects they are, I just played around alot with them all)







Fun! :) 
So I think this will be the site I use for now to do my basic photo edits. 
They work fine enough for me!

Just thought I'd share my finds!

2 comments:

Tanja @ Postmodern Hostess said...

Thanks for the tip! I've been debating doing more than a basic color correct and resize with my photos from now on, and this gives me an easy way to try it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica,

It looks like you've found a good Picnik replacement. I wanted to let you know that there's another one swingin' your way soon! PicMonkey is being built by some ex-Picnikers who were bummed to see it go too, so it should feel just like home! We're launching with most of the favorites and everything else is sure to follow.

Sign up on our site www.PicMonkey.com and we’ll keep you updated on a launch date (soon, soon!). Also, feel free to send me your feedback, feature requests, and, of course, any questions you have!

Happy blogging!
Jenn