Pages

Peanut Butter Krispies

Wednesday, August 8, 2012


While browsing Pinterest tonight, I stumbled upon a recipe for these Peanut Butter Krispies. Not only are they a yummy little treat, but they aren't loaded with a bunch of junk {aka "sugar"}! I'm interested in finding yummy things with less sugar, so I jumped up and made my way to the kitchen. Seriously, that's the quickest I've ever gotten around to actually doing a Pinterest inspired recipe/project! 

This is really super quick! And I just happened to have a leftover bag of Rice Krispies hiding up in the pantry! Whoo-hoo! (I think they're actually leftover from when I made Rice Krispie Treats- hahaha!) 

Here is all you need  ..

Melt the peanut butter and honey together in a pot on the stove. I kept it on low and kept stirring it until it was mixed and melted really well. Then remove the pot from the heat and add and stir in the vanilla, then add the rice krispies and stir it up. Now it's ready to dump into a dish. I used my 9x13 dish.. I wish I had something a little smaller (always wish that) so whatever I'm making will be thicker and not too thin, oh well.



I don't think it sets really.. unless I didn't let it sit long enough before I dove in for a bite! But I think because of the ingredients, it's just a really soft treat. It's still yummy! Now I know what I can whip up when I get a craving for something sweet! : )


I think I need another bite....

No comments: